TDK Corporation presents a new series of EPCOS SMT inductors with the highest reliability. The components of the new R series offer 30 percent higher saturation current capability than standard series types. The saturation current is between 1.05 and 38.0 A at inductance values from 0.82 to 1000 µH. The DC resistance is between 5.0 mΩ and 1.35 Ω.
With a wide permissible operating temperature range from -55 to +150 °C, the EPCOS B82477R series of inductors satisfy the rigorous requirements of automotive electronics and are qualified to AEC-Q200. Designed with a baseplate, they offer very high mechanical stability. These components have a footprint of 12.5 x 12.5 mm2 and a maximum insertion height of 8.5 mm. Thanks to their magnetic shielding, they can be placed in direct proximity to other components on the circuit board. These high-performance inductors are RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD020C.
- AEC-Q200: Standardized reliability tests for passive components used in automotive electronics.
- Saturation current: DC current that causes magnetic saturation and reduces the inductive resistance in an inductive component.
- Power supply units in automotive electronics such as for LED lighting systems
- Clocked power supplies with high requirements on reliability and temperature range
Main features and benefits
- High saturation currents of up to 38.0 A
- Inductance values from 0.82 µH to 1000 µH
- Broad operating temperature range from -55 to +150 °C
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
- RoHS-compatible and suitable for lead-free soldering to JEDEC J-STD020C